Young Blood in the Hobby

Young Blood in the Hobby

I've been buying bunches of cards...mostly raw...on various facebook groups the last 6 months or so. For the most part...the majority of deals have gone without a hitch.

I WAS ripped off to the tune of $150 on a 65' topps mantle the seller was apparently selling all over the internet...over and over again! Seller even made small talk chatting about the yankees/indians series in the playoffs. He commented his dad is a big indians fan. Then he just disappears and deletes all evidence transaction ever occurred!!!!

Luckily I had evidence and paypal DID reimburse me.

Not sure all the DUDES...and BRO's...and unusual behavior is worth it to me anymore. All the excuses for not shipping...excessive twitter like communication detailing every step of the process...it's just odd?
    I don't care to hear that you ran out of envelopes so shipping will be delayed!!!! WTF!!!

Anyone else experience this?

Re: Young Blood in the Hobby

Years back I had a similar experience with a craigslist scam. Lots of communication and emails back and forth having nothing to do with the transaction. One excuse after another to delay shipping. Then mailed a package with a few worthless cards.

The end result was the same I filed a claim and got my money back. But it was a big waste of time.

And that is why people buy from dealers/collectors who will get them their purchases in reasonable times with good communications.

Whether its auction houses such as Huggins and Scott, Love of the Game or EBay big sellers such as Greg Morris, PWCC, Probstein. et you know you will in about 99.9 percent of the time receive your item you paid for and it will be the correct item.

There will always be bad buyers and sellers and we just have to be careful on both ends. That's why I prefer local shows and stores and I get it that we have an active DFW market for in-person transactions. Not everyone is so lucky.

Rich

This and net54 are about as close as I come to social media, so I don’t know much from Facebook groups. But have done a ton of deals, including some very expensive ones, off BST on net54 and never had an issue. I expect the BST on this section will prove equally as trustworthy in time (as the site grows). I guys some forums are safer than others.